Security & privacy
Maintaining your privacy and the security of your information are among our highest priorities.
We don’t ask you to give us any information about yourself before you reach the checkout area of our site, unless you choose to do so. You may want to sign up to receive special offers and information about new product lines.
As with all shopping websites, when you place an order we will ask you to input personal information about you. We need this information to process your order and to allow us to tell you about any delays or problems. We’ll ask you if you would like to be told about special offers and updates by email – you can choose whether or not to receive these.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email you order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc
- Billing address – for the purposes of validating your card (for your security and ours)
- Delivery address – so we know where to deliver your products
- Telephone number – so we can contact you if we have a problem with your order.
All our data collection processes are governed by the UK’s Data Protection Act. We will NOT allow any third party (i.e. any other business or individual) to access your account or personal information. The information you give us simply allows us to provide you with a good, reliable service.
We can completely take you off our mailing list, but that means you will no longer receive information about new products and promotions. If you want to do this just contact us via our contact page.
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards available.
For added security and peace of mind, we do not actually collect or hold your payment card information ourselves. You are instead redirected to our payment provider's secure payment page which collects your payment details using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
The encryption technique used is the highest standard available for e-commerce and certified by either Thawte or Verisign, two of the world’s most respected certification bodies for internet firms.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer so that when you go back to the site it can recognise you. Think of a cookie as an internet user’s identification card. Cookies let the site bring up information relevant to you, for example your name, past orders etc.
There are two types of cookies used by most websites:
- Persistent cookies - exist for a certain period defined by the website and exist even if you revisit the same website on a future visit.
- Session cookies - exist during your browsing session only. Once you close your browser or turn off your computer, your session cookie will be destroyed and no record of your visit will be held.
We only use session cookies to keep track of your current shopping session and to store items you have added to your shopping bag. If you do not accept session cookies you won’t be able to use this website properly.
The easiest way to contact our customer service is by calling our helpline:
- 07917 768 003